I have been a little lax in my posting as of late: I have been sick, which means most of the frolicking for the past two weeks has been inside my head---or inside my Florentine flat.
And it has been raining in Florence for two weeks. Really!
But that doesn't mean I have been entirely out of commission. On the contrary, I have still been writing and cooking, hanging out in my kitchen and going on walks with Anthony and Caleb. And since you might be more of a 'family frolics follower' than of [my other blog] Talk of Tomatoes, I figured it would be interesting to give you a quick summary of my food-frolics from over there.
Here is a round-up of my talkoftomatoes' food forays, some of which could quite easily count as frolicking-in-Florence:
- Chianti-tasting with Caleb
- making gorgonzola ravioli: recipe from my new friend Gina in southern Tuscany
- Italians' farmer markets are full of fava beans
- making no-knead bread (if you are Dutch, you will love the simplicity, thrift and efficiency of this recipe)
- make-your-own Italian herb blend
- Italian mish-mash?
- did I tell you about the cute little Italian bowls I am collecting? My little souvenirs!
- in case you are in Florence and NOT sick: 5 places to eat lunch in Florence
- Ragu... need I say more?